CORRECTED-Avery Dennison 2nd-qtr profit beats estimates
(Corrects headline and text throughout to clarify that profit, excluding adjustments, beat estimates)
July 24 (Reuters) - Avery Dennison Corp's quarterly profit beat analysts' estimates as input costs declined.
Net income from continuing operations dipped to $51.3 million, or 49 cents per share, for the second quarter, from $53.1 million, or 50 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding restructuring costs and other one-time items, the company earned 56 cents per share.
Revenue was flat at $1.53 billion.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of 54 cents per share, excluding items, on revenue of $1.54 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. (Reporting by Sagarika Jaisinghani in Bangalore; Editing by Rodney Joyce)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner