CORRECTED-Avery Dennison 2nd-qtr profit beats estimates
(Corrects headline and text throughout to clarify that profit, excluding adjustments, beat estimates)
July 24 (Reuters) - Avery Dennison Corp's quarterly profit beat analysts' estimates as input costs declined.
Net income from continuing operations dipped to $51.3 million, or 49 cents per share, for the second quarter, from $53.1 million, or 50 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding restructuring costs and other one-time items, the company earned 56 cents per share.
Revenue was flat at $1.53 billion.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of 54 cents per share, excluding items, on revenue of $1.54 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. (Reporting by Sagarika Jaisinghani in Bangalore; Editing by Rodney Joyce)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper vows tighter security after Parliament attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown