NXP Semiconductors second quarter beats estimates
July 24 (Reuters) - NXP Semiconductors NV reported second-quarter results above expectations, helped mainly by higher sales of the company's chips used in smart-cards and contact-less security products.
For the second quarter, the company reported an adjusted profit of 45 cents a share, compared with the 40 cents analysts expected, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue fell slightly to $1.09 billion, but topped the $1.05 billion expected by analysts.
Shares of the Nasdaq-listed Dutch company closed at $21.98 on Monday.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port