NXP Semiconductors second quarter beats estimates
July 24 (Reuters) - NXP Semiconductors NV reported second-quarter results above expectations, helped mainly by higher sales of the company's chips used in smart-cards and contact-less security products.
For the second quarter, the company reported an adjusted profit of 45 cents a share, compared with the 40 cents analysts expected, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue fell slightly to $1.09 billion, but topped the $1.05 billion expected by analysts.
Shares of the Nasdaq-listed Dutch company closed at $21.98 on Monday.
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in dispute over envoy's New York arrest |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- The Fabulously Entrepreneurial Life of Ronnie Biggs