ACE second-quarter profit tops estimates
(Reuters) - Insurer and reinsurer ACE Ltd's (ACE.N) quarterly operating profit trumped analysts' expectations, bolstered by lower catastrophe losses, prompting the company to raise its full-year operating profit forecast.
The company now expects an operating profit of between $7.20 and $7.60 per share, up from its previous estimate of between $7.03 and $7.43 per share.
The Zurich-based property and casualty insurer's net earnings fell to $328 million, or 96 cents per share, for the second quarter, from $594 million, or $1.74 per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, the insurer earned $2.17 per share, above analysts' expectations of $1.92 per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
(Reporting by Anil D'Silva in Bangalore; Editing by Roshni Menon)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |