UPDATE 1-Agnico-Eagle profit drops as costs rise
July 25 (Reuters) - Canada's Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd said on Wednesday its second-quarter net income fell 37 percent due to higher costs.
The mid-tier gold miner earned $43.3 million, or 25 cents a share in the quarter ended June 30. That compared with $68.8 million, or 40 cents, a year earlier.
Excluding one-time items, earnings came in at $68.9 million, or 40 cents a share.
Revenue rose to $459.6 million from $433.7 million.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'