- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Stockholm calmer but violence spreads outside Swedish capital |
Hudson City Bancorp profit falls
July 24 |
July 24 (Reuters) - Hudson City Bancorp Inc's second-quarter profit fell as it earned lesser interest income.
The holding company for Hudson City Savings Bank reported net income of $72.3 million, or 15 cents per share, compared with $96 million, or 19 cents per share, a year earlier.
Net interest income fell almost 18 percent to $224.3 million.
Provision for loan losses fell by $5 million to $25 million.
The company also said its Chief Executive Ronald Hermance, who had been on medical leave since February, has returned to his position.
Hudson City Bancorp's shares closed at $5.73 on Tuesday on the Nasdaq.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this