Nielsen 2nd-qtr profit rises on lower costs
July 25 (Reuters) - Nielsen Holdings NV, best known for its TV ratings, reported a higher quarterly profit as it cut back on costs.
The company's operating income rose more than 8 percent to $237 million.
Net income rose to $103 million, or 28 cents per share, in the second quarter from $69 million, or 19 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 1 percent to $1.39 billion.
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas militants on Day 6 of Gaza offensive |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid