Nielsen 2nd-qtr profit rises on lower costs
July 25 (Reuters) - Nielsen Holdings NV, best known for its TV ratings, reported a higher quarterly profit as it cut back on costs.
The company's operating income rose more than 8 percent to $237 million.
Net income rose to $103 million, or 28 cents per share, in the second quarter from $69 million, or 19 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 1 percent to $1.39 billion.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets