Praxair profit up on strong energy, manufacturing demand
July 25 (Reuters) - Praxair Inc, the largest industrial gas supplier in North America, posted a marginally higher quarterly profit on strong sales to energy companies and manufacturers.
The company's net income rose 1 percent to $429 million, or $1.42 per share, in the second-quarter, from $425 million, or $1.38 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 2 percent to $2.81 billion.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |