RPC profit beats estimates on demand for technical services
* Q2 EPS $0.33 vs est $0.30
* Q2 rev up 12.9 pct at 500.1 mln
July 25 (Reuters) - Oilfield services and equipment provider RPC Inc's second-quarter profit beat analysts' estimates as a larger fleet drove up revenue at its technical services segment.
Sales at the company's biggest business, which provides well completion and maintenance services, rose about 14 percent for April-June.
Revenue rose 12.9 percent to $500 million.
Net income fell to $72.26 million, or 33 cents per share, from $73.2 million, or 33 cents per share, a year earlier.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of 30 cents per share on revenue of $501 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Shares of the company, valued at $2.68 billion, closed at $12.21 on Tuesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |