Western Digital 4th-qtr profit soars
July 25 (Reuters) - Hard drive maker Western Digital Corp's fourth-quarter profit more than quadrupled on higher shipments of hard drives.
Excluding one-time items, the company earned $3.35 a share.
Revenue during the three-month period more than doubled to $4.75 billion.
Analysts on average were looking for $2.47 profit on $4.25 billion in revenue, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Western Digital shares closed up 2 percent at $32.47 on Wednesday on the Nasdaq.
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media