Ashland profit rises on specialty ingredients unit
July 19 (Reuters) - Chemical maker Ashland Inc posted a higher quarterly profit on improved earnings at its specialty ingredients business, driven by demand from energy and construction markets.
Income from continuing operations rose to $160 million, or $2 per share, in the third quarter, from $75 million, or 94 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose to 2.1 billion.
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report