Ashland profit rises on specialty ingredients unit
July 19 (Reuters) - Chemical maker Ashland Inc posted a higher quarterly profit on improved earnings at its specialty ingredients business, driven by demand from energy and construction markets.
Income from continuing operations rose to $160 million, or $2 per share, in the third quarter, from $75 million, or 94 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose to 2.1 billion.
- Vice principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach
- East Ukraine separatists stay put despite diplomatic deal |