Ashland profit rises on specialty ingredients unit
July 19 (Reuters) - Chemical maker Ashland Inc posted a higher quarterly profit on improved earnings at its specialty ingredients business, driven by demand from energy and construction markets.
Income from continuing operations rose to $160 million, or $2 per share, in the third quarter, from $75 million, or 94 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose to 2.1 billion.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image