- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Massachusetts police search NFL player's home in homicide probe: report
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Asian markets tense before Fed; Nikkei outperforms
Benchmark profit beats estimates
July 26 |
July 26 (Reuters) - Contract electronics maker Benchmark Electronics Inc's quarter profit beat analysts' estimates on higher bookings from customers.
Net income fell to $13.6 million, or 24 cents per share, for the second quarter, from $14.7 million, or 24 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company earned 32 cents a share.
Revenue rose 8 percent to $630 million.
Analysts on average had expected earnings for 27 cents a share, excluding items on revenue of $604.6 million.
Shares of the company, which competes with Flextronics International, Nam Tai Electronics Inc, Jabil Circuit Inc and Plexus Corp, closed at $13.89 on Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this