- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
Carbo Ceramics profit beats on higher sales volume
* Q2 EPS $1.38 vs est $1.28
* Q2 rev up 19 pct to $177.6 mln
July 26 (Reuters) - Oilfield services provider Carbo Ceramics Inc posted a better-than-expected second-quarter profit as an increase in sales volume offset difficult market conditions.
Carbo makes ceramic proppants used to hold wells open after hydraulic fracturing.
Net income rose to $31.9 million, or $1.38 per share, from $29.9 million, or $ 1.29 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 19 percent to $177.6 million.
Sales volume at its key North American market rose 17 percent while international proppant sales volume increased 20 percent.
Analysts on average had expected a net income of $1.28 per share, on revenue of $162.7 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Carbo's shares, which have fallen about 56 percent in the past year, closed at $80.62 on Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this