International Paper 2nd-quarter profit drops 40 percent
NEW YORK, July 26
NEW YORK, July 26 (Reuters) - International Paper Co said on Thursday its quarterly profit dropped 40 percent due in part to seasonal outage delays at several plants.
For the second quarter, the company said net earnings fell to $134 million, or 31 cents per share, from $219 million, or 51 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter.
Excluding one-time items, the company earned 46 cents per share.
Revenue rose 6.5 percent to $7.08 billion.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |