ITT Educational 2nd-qtr profit slides
July 26 (Reuters) - ITT Educational Services Inc's quarterly profit fell sharply as new student sign-ups at the for-profit college chain dropped 9.5 percent.
Net income fell to $46 million, or $1.96 per share for the second-quarter, from $79 million, or $2.85 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 15 percent to $329.8 million as the company, which runs the ITT Technical Institutes and Daniel Webster College, enrolled only 15,698 new students during the quarter.
Shares on the company closed at $50.43 on Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel