Metso Q2 beats on strong mining, construction sales
HELSINKI, July 26
HELSINKI, July 26 (Reuters) - Finnish engineering firm Metso reported stronger-than-expected results for the second-quarter, due to strong machinery demand from mining and construction industries.
Metso shares rose 4.1 percent after it reporrted April-June operating profit rose 35 percent to 163.9 million euros ($198.71 million), beating an average market forecast of 142 million euros in a Reuters poll.
Metso repeated it expects its 2012 sales and profit to improve compared to 2011. ($1 = 0.8248 euros) (Reporting by Helsinki Newsroom)
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off at Philadelphia airport
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |