- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
Metso Q2 beats on strong mining, construction sales
HELSINKI, July 26 |
HELSINKI, July 26 (Reuters) - Finnish engineering firm Metso reported stronger-than-expected results for the second-quarter, due to strong machinery demand from mining and construction industries.
Metso shares rose 4.1 percent after it reporrted April-June operating profit rose 35 percent to 163.9 million euros ($198.71 million), beating an average market forecast of 142 million euros in a Reuters poll.
Metso repeated it expects its 2012 sales and profit to improve compared to 2011. ($1 = 0.8248 euros) (Reporting by Helsinki Newsroom)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this