Metso Q2 beats on strong mining, construction sales
HELSINKI, July 26
HELSINKI, July 26 (Reuters) - Finnish engineering firm Metso reported stronger-than-expected results for the second-quarter, due to strong machinery demand from mining and construction industries.
Metso shares rose 4.1 percent after it reporrted April-June operating profit rose 35 percent to 163.9 million euros ($198.71 million), beating an average market forecast of 142 million euros in a Reuters poll.
Metso repeated it expects its 2012 sales and profit to improve compared to 2011. ($1 = 0.8248 euros) (Reporting by Helsinki Newsroom)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |