Power-One beats estimates, forecasts strong 3rd-qtr sales
* Q2 EPS $0.30 vs est $0.12
* Q2 rev $322 mln vs est $249.9 mln
* Sees Q3 sales $260-$280 mln vs est $238.9 mln
* Shares up 16 pct after market close
July 26 (Reuters) - Power-One Inc, the world's second-biggest maker of inverters for the solar power market, posted better-than-expected quarterly results on higher demand in Europe and forecast strong third-quarter sales.
The company forecast revenue of $260 million to $280 million for the third quarter. Analysts were expecting sales of $238.9 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Net income for the second quarter rose to $47 million, or 30 cents per share, compared with $31 million, or 21 cents per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 24 percent to $322 million.
Analysts on average had expected a profit of 12 cents per share on revenue of $249.9 million.
The company's inverter shipments rose 76 percent to 1,263 megawatts in the second quarter.
Shares of the Camarillo, California-based company rose about 16 percent after the bell. They closed at $4.88 on Thursday on the Nasdaq.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image