Pulte posts quarterly profit as new home orders jump
July 26 (Reuters) - PulteGroup Inc, the second largest U.S. homebuilder, posted a quarterly profit and a sharp jump in new orders as the company benefited from a stabilization in housing recovery.
Pulte posted a second-quarter net income of $42 million, or 11 cents per share, compared with a net loss of $55 million, or 15 cents per share, a year ago.
Results include land and restructuring charges, the company said.
Net new orders jumped 32 percent to 5,578 units.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill