Pulte posts quarterly profit as new home orders jump
July 26 (Reuters) - PulteGroup Inc, the second largest U.S. homebuilder, posted a quarterly profit and a sharp jump in new orders as the company benefited from a stabilization in housing recovery.
Pulte posted a second-quarter net income of $42 million, or 11 cents per share, compared with a net loss of $55 million, or 15 cents per share, a year ago.
Results include land and restructuring charges, the company said.
Net new orders jumped 32 percent to 5,578 units.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |