Pulte posts quarterly profit as new home orders jump
July 26 (Reuters) - PulteGroup Inc, the second largest U.S. homebuilder, posted a quarterly profit and a sharp jump in new orders as the company benefited from a stabilization in housing recovery.
Pulte posted a second-quarter net income of $42 million, or 11 cents per share, compared with a net loss of $55 million, or 15 cents per share, a year ago.
Results include land and restructuring charges, the company said.
Net new orders jumped 32 percent to 5,578 units.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South