Harry Winston in talks with Rio on Diavik mine -report
TORONTO, July 26
TORONTO, July 26 (Reuters) - Harry Winston Diamond is in advanced talks to buy Rio Tinto's 60 percent stake in the Diavik Mine, according to a report on the Financial Times website citing two industry sources.
The Canadian diamond miner already owns the remaining 40 percent interest in the mine located in Canada's Northwest Territories. Rio has been exploring options for its diamond interests since March.
Representatives for both Rio Tinto and Harry Winston declined to comment on the report.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years