United Tech closes $16.5 bln Goodrich takeover
July 26 (Reuters) - United Technologies Corp closed its largest-ever acquisition on Thursday, buying aircraft equipment maker Goodrich Corp for $16.5 billion, in a deal that will add about $8 billion to its annual revenues and boost its presence on jets of Boeing Co and EADS unit Airbus.
The deal's closing follows regulatory sign-offs from European, U.S. and Canadian authorities, who approved the purchase on the condition that United Tech sell some of Goodrich's power generation and small-engine control units that generate about $250 million in annual revenue.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- U.S. health experts in Dallas review potential Ebola exposure |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks-source |