United Tech closes $16.5 bln Goodrich takeover
July 26 (Reuters) - United Technologies Corp closed its largest-ever acquisition on Thursday, buying aircraft equipment maker Goodrich Corp for $16.5 billion, in a deal that will add about $8 billion to its annual revenues and boost its presence on jets of Boeing Co and EADS unit Airbus.
The deal's closing follows regulatory sign-offs from European, U.S. and Canadian authorities, who approved the purchase on the condition that United Tech sell some of Goodrich's power generation and small-engine control units that generate about $250 million in annual revenue.
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Poroshenko to seek ceasefire after 'very tough' talks with Putin |
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Gaza ceasefire holding as focus turns to longer term |
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers