United Tech closes $16.5 bln Goodrich takeover
July 26 (Reuters) - United Technologies Corp closed its largest-ever acquisition on Thursday, buying aircraft equipment maker Goodrich Corp for $16.5 billion, in a deal that will add about $8 billion to its annual revenues and boost its presence on jets of Boeing Co and EADS unit Airbus.
The deal's closing follows regulatory sign-offs from European, U.S. and Canadian authorities, who approved the purchase on the condition that United Tech sell some of Goodrich's power generation and small-engine control units that generate about $250 million in annual revenue.
- Rescuers scour sea for Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source