United Tech closes $16.5 bln Goodrich takeover
July 26 (Reuters) - United Technologies Corp closed its largest-ever acquisition on Thursday, buying aircraft equipment maker Goodrich Corp for $16.5 billion, in a deal that will add about $8 billion to its annual revenues and boost its presence on jets of Boeing Co and EADS unit Airbus.
The deal's closing follows regulatory sign-offs from European, U.S. and Canadian authorities, who approved the purchase on the condition that United Tech sell some of Goodrich's power generation and small-engine control units that generate about $250 million in annual revenue.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia