United Technologies closes $16.5 billion Goodrich takeover
(Reuters) - United Technologies Corp (UTX.N) closed its largest-ever acquisition on Thursday, buying aircraft equipment maker Goodrich Corp GR.N for $16.5 billion, in a deal that will add about $8 billion to its annual revenues and boost its presence on jets of Boeing Co (BA.N) and EADS EAD.PA unit Airbus.
The deal's closing follows regulatory sign-offs from European, U.S. and Canadian authorities, who approved the purchase on the condition that United Tech sell some of Goodrich's power generation and small-engine control units that generate about $250 million in annual revenue.
(Reporting By Scott Malone; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Crimea votes to join Russia, Obama orders sanctions |