United Technologies closes $16.5 billion Goodrich takeover
(Reuters) - United Technologies Corp (UTX.N) closed its largest-ever acquisition on Thursday, buying aircraft equipment maker Goodrich Corp GR.N for $16.5 billion, in a deal that will add about $8 billion to its annual revenues and boost its presence on jets of Boeing Co (BA.N) and EADS EAD.PA unit Airbus.
The deal's closing follows regulatory sign-offs from European, U.S. and Canadian authorities, who approved the purchase on the condition that United Tech sell some of Goodrich's power generation and small-engine control units that generate about $250 million in annual revenue.
(Reporting By Scott Malone; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack