D.R. Horton reports jump in profit, orders
July 27 (Reuters) - Top U.S. homebuilder D.R. Horton Inc posted a huge jump in quarterly profit helped by a non-cash tax benefit and said new orders jumped for the fourth straight quarter.
Horton's third-quarter net income rose to $787.8 million, or $2.22 per share, from $28.7 million, or 9 cents per share, a year earlier.
The company recorded a tax benefit of $716.7 million.
Net sales orders rose 25 percent to 6,079 homes.
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas militants on Day 6 of Gaza offensive |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid