Fujitsu in talks with TSMC to sell chip plant -sources
TOKYO, July 27
TOKYO, July 27 (Reuters) - Fujitsu Ltd has held talks to sell its main semiconductor plant in western Japan to Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co (TSMC), sources close to the matter told Reuters on Friday.
The plant, in Mie Prefecture, makes image-processing chips for cameras and number-crunching chips for supercomputers.
Fujitsu said talk of the sale, earlier reported by the Nikkei business daily, was not based on anything it had announced and that nothing had been decided on the matter. (Reporting by Maki Shiraki, Writing by Mari Saito; Editing by Michael Watson)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |