Fujitsu in talks with TSMC to sell chip plant -sources
TOKYO, July 27
TOKYO, July 27 (Reuters) - Fujitsu Ltd has held talks to sell its main semiconductor plant in western Japan to Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co (TSMC), sources close to the matter told Reuters on Friday.
The plant, in Mie Prefecture, makes image-processing chips for cameras and number-crunching chips for supercomputers.
Fujitsu said talk of the sale, earlier reported by the Nikkei business daily, was not based on anything it had announced and that nothing had been decided on the matter. (Reporting by Maki Shiraki, Writing by Mari Saito; Editing by Michael Watson)
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |