Lincoln Electric promotes COO to top job
July 27 (Reuters) - Lincoln Electric Co, a maker of welding products and other industrial equipment, said Friday it will promote operating chief Christopher Mapes to chief executive officer at the end of the year, while current CEO John Stropki will become executive chairman.
Stropki is 61, while Mapes is 50, the Cleveland-based company said.
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- One man killed as shell from Ukraine hits Russian border town: reports