Lincoln Electric promotes COO to top job
July 27 (Reuters) - Lincoln Electric Co, a maker of welding products and other industrial equipment, said Friday it will promote operating chief Christopher Mapes to chief executive officer at the end of the year, while current CEO John Stropki will become executive chairman.
Stropki is 61, while Mapes is 50, the Cleveland-based company said.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers seek survivors of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |