Euro climbs 1 percent against the yen
NEW YORK, July 27
NEW YORK, July 27 (Reuters) - The euro climbed 1 percent against the yen to its highest since July 18 o n Friday after French leader Francois Hollande and his German counterpart, Angela Merkel, said after a phone call they are determined to do all they can to safeguard the euro.
The euro was last up 1 percent at 97.05 yen after climbing as high as 97.07 yen.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as Moscow pours in troops |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister