Euro climbs 1 percent against the yen
NEW YORK, July 27
NEW YORK, July 27 (Reuters) - The euro climbed 1 percent against the yen to its highest since July 18 o n Friday after French leader Francois Hollande and his German counterpart, Angela Merkel, said after a phone call they are determined to do all they can to safeguard the euro.
The euro was last up 1 percent at 97.05 yen after climbing as high as 97.07 yen.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image