D.R. Horton reports jump in profit, orders
(Reuters) - Top U.S. homebuilder D.R. Horton Inc (DHI.N) posted a huge jump in quarterly profit helped by a non-cash tax benefit and said new orders jumped for the fourth straight quarter.
Horton's third-quarter net income rose to $787.8 million, or $2.22 per share, from $28.7 million, or 9 cents per share, a year earlier.
The company recorded a tax benefit of $716.7 million.
Net sales orders rose 25 percent to 6,079 homes.
(Reporting by A. Ananthalakshmi in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |