D.R. Horton reports jump in profit, orders
(Reuters) - Top U.S. homebuilder D.R. Horton Inc (DHI.N) posted a huge jump in quarterly profit helped by a non-cash tax benefit and said new orders jumped for the fourth straight quarter.
Horton's third-quarter net income rose to $787.8 million, or $2.22 per share, from $28.7 million, or 9 cents per share, a year earlier.
The company recorded a tax benefit of $716.7 million.
Net sales orders rose 25 percent to 6,079 homes.
(Reporting by A. Ananthalakshmi in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Huge blaze out of control in Tripoli battle as Libya slides into chaos |