- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Justice Department defends journalist email search
Magnitude 6.6 quake hits off Papua New Guinea coast: USGS
(Reuters) - A magnitude 6.6 quake struck off the coast of Papua New Guinea early on Sunday local time, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The strong quake was centered 81 miles east-southeast of Rabaul, New Britain, at a depth of 43.5 miles, the USGS said.
The quake was not expected to generate a tsunami, according to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.
(Editing by Peter Cooney)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this