- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing
- Bernanke comments spur volatility, but stocks, dollar gain |
- British opposition leader says Google tax behavior 'wrong'
- Senate panel passes immigration bill; Obama praises move
- Rescuers search Oklahoma tornado town ruins as recovery starts |
Magnitude 6.6 quake hits off Papua New Guinea coast: USGS
(Reuters) - A magnitude 6.6 quake struck off the coast of Papua New Guinea early on Sunday local time, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The strong quake was centered 81 miles east-southeast of Rabaul, New Britain, at a depth of 43.5 miles, the USGS said.
The quake was not expected to generate a tsunami, according to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.
(Editing by Peter Cooney)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this