- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift big winners at Billboard Awards
- Hezbollah steps up Syria battle, Israel threatens more strikes |
- Powerful tornadoes strike in four central U.S. states |
Magnitude 6.6 quake hits off Papua New Guinea coast: USGS
(Reuters) - A magnitude 6.6 quake struck off the coast of Papua New Guinea early on Sunday local time, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The strong quake was centered 81 miles east-southeast of Rabaul, New Britain, at a depth of 43.5 miles, the USGS said.
The quake was not expected to generate a tsunami, according to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.
(Editing by Peter Cooney)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this