- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Apple CEO makes no apology for company's tax strategy |
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
A huge tornado tears through the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore, killing dozens. Slideshow
Arab League chief sees Syria war crimes: MENA
CAIRO (Reuters) - The Arab League chief described the situation in Syria as amounting to war crimes and said those responsible will be held accountable internationally, Egypt's state news agency said on Sunday.
Rebels still in control of sections of Aleppo, Syria's largest city, have clashed for several days with army troops after additional tank columns and troop reinforcements were sent in last week.
"Dr Nabil Elaraby, Secretary-General of the Arab League, described what is happening in Syria, especially the city of Aleppo, as amounting to war crimes, and warned that perpetrators of these crimes will be held internationally accountable," state news agency MENA said,
(Reporting by Shaimaa Fayed)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this