CORRECTED-Eastman Chemical quarterly profit slips 19 percent
(Corrects with full company's quarterly results, not just Solutia's)
July 30 (Reuters) - Eastman Chemical Co posted a 19 percent drop i n quarterly profit on Monday as demand slipped for specialty plastics and the company spent heavily to integrate rival Solutia.
For the second quarter, the company posted net income of $ 1 79 million, or $1.26 per share, compared with $ 2 20 million, or $1.51 per share, in the year-ago quarter.
Revenue fell 1.7 percent to $1.85 billion.
Earlier this month, Eastman completed its $3.4 billion buyout of specialty chemicals maker Solutia Inc.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Polish president warns Germany of Putin's 'empire' ambitions
- F-16s dispatched for unresponsive pilot of small plane near D.C.
- EU wields Russia sanctions threat but timing vague |
- Car tied to suspected threat against Obama found in Connecticut