CORRECTED-Eastman Chemical quarterly profit slips 19 percent
(Corrects with full company's quarterly results, not just Solutia's)
July 30 (Reuters) - Eastman Chemical Co posted a 19 percent drop i n quarterly profit on Monday as demand slipped for specialty plastics and the company spent heavily to integrate rival Solutia.
For the second quarter, the company posted net income of $ 1 79 million, or $1.26 per share, compared with $ 2 20 million, or $1.51 per share, in the year-ago quarter.
Revenue fell 1.7 percent to $1.85 billion.
Earlier this month, Eastman completed its $3.4 billion buyout of specialty chemicals maker Solutia Inc.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data