Malaysia's Navis sells Indonesian education firm to Pearson
KUALA LUMPUR, July 30
KUALA LUMPUR, July 30 (Reuters) - Malaysia-based private equity firm Navis Capital Partners on Monday said it sold PT Efficient English Services, the operator of Wall Street Institute in Indonesia, to Pearson PLC for $16.3 million.
This marks Navis' fifth sale of a portfolio company in the last eight months, and the second involving a company with substantial Indonesian exposure, following the sale of King's Safetywear in December last year.
The sale of Efficient English presents a 10-fold return for Navis since it set up the English-language education business in Indonesia in 2007 for about $1.5 million, according to Navis.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command