Malaysia's Navis sells Indonesian education firm to Pearson
KUALA LUMPUR, July 30
KUALA LUMPUR, July 30 (Reuters) - Malaysia-based private equity firm Navis Capital Partners on Monday said it sold PT Efficient English Services, the operator of Wall Street Institute in Indonesia, to Pearson PLC for $16.3 million.
This marks Navis' fifth sale of a portfolio company in the last eight months, and the second involving a company with substantial Indonesian exposure, following the sale of King's Safetywear in December last year.
The sale of Efficient English presents a 10-fold return for Navis since it set up the English-language education business in Indonesia in 2007 for about $1.5 million, according to Navis.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image