BMC Software 1st-qtr profit falls on strong dollar
July 31 (Reuters) - BMC Software Inc's quarterly profit fell almost 50 percent as the business software maker on a strong dollar and economic headwinds.
The company's earnings fell to $54.1 million, or 33 cents per share in the first quarter, from $95.7 million, or 53 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, it earned 65 cents per share.
Revenue rose marginally to $504.4 million.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas