BMC Software 1st-qtr profit falls on strong dollar
July 31 (Reuters) - BMC Software Inc's quarterly profit fell almost 50 percent as the business software maker on a strong dollar and economic headwinds.
The company's earnings fell to $54.1 million, or 33 cents per share in the first quarter, from $95.7 million, or 53 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, it earned 65 cents per share.
Revenue rose marginally to $504.4 million.
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |