Con-way Q2 profit earnings rise
July 31 (Reuters) - U.S. trucking and logistics company Con-way Inc reported higher quarterly earnings on cost controls and price increases to shippers.
The company said on Tuesday net income rose to $41.8 million, or 74 cents a share, in the second quarter, from $29.4 million, or 52 cents a share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, profit was 66 cents a share, up from 50 cents a share a year earlier.
Revenue for the Ann Arbor, Michigan-based company rose 7.2 percent to $1.45 billion, in line with the average forecast according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official |
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea