Con-way Q2 profit earnings rise
July 31 (Reuters) - U.S. trucking and logistics company Con-way Inc reported higher quarterly earnings on cost controls and price increases to shippers.
The company said on Tuesday net income rose to $41.8 million, or 74 cents a share, in the second quarter, from $29.4 million, or 52 cents a share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, profit was 66 cents a share, up from 50 cents a share a year earlier.
Revenue for the Ann Arbor, Michigan-based company rose 7.2 percent to $1.45 billion, in line with the average forecast according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |