Greece's Alpha Bank not on verge of Emporiki deal-source
ATHENS, July 31
ATHENS, July 31 (Reuters) - A senior official at Greece's Alpha Bank dismissed a Greek newspaper report on Tuesday saying the lender was close to a deal to buy struggling rival Emporiki Bank from France's Credit Agricole.
The Imerisia daily said the deal would be signed in mid-September after the terms of a planned Greek bank recapitalisation are finalised.
"We deny the report saying we are close to a deal to buy Emporiki," the Alpha Bank official said.
(Reporting by Lefteris Papadimas)
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Islamic State committing 'staggering' crimes in Iraq: U.N. report
- Hong Kong police warn protesters against occupying buildings |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold
- Islamic State presses assault on Syrian border town, Kurds warn Turkey |