Greece's Alpha Bank not on verge of Emporiki deal-source
ATHENS, July 31
ATHENS, July 31 (Reuters) - A senior official at Greece's Alpha Bank dismissed a Greek newspaper report on Tuesday saying the lender was close to a deal to buy struggling rival Emporiki Bank from France's Credit Agricole.
The Imerisia daily said the deal would be signed in mid-September after the terms of a planned Greek bank recapitalisation are finalised.
"We deny the report saying we are close to a deal to buy Emporiki," the Alpha Bank official said.
(Reporting by Lefteris Papadimas)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Malaysia probes passenger backgrounds for clues on missing flight |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- N.Korea using sophisticated means to avoid U.N. sanctions - U.N. report