Greece's Alpha Bank not on verge of Emporiki deal-source
ATHENS, July 31
ATHENS, July 31 (Reuters) - A senior official at Greece's Alpha Bank dismissed a Greek newspaper report on Tuesday saying the lender was close to a deal to buy struggling rival Emporiki Bank from France's Credit Agricole.
The Imerisia daily said the deal would be signed in mid-September after the terms of a planned Greek bank recapitalisation are finalised.
"We deny the report saying we are close to a deal to buy Emporiki," the Alpha Bank official said.
(Reporting by Lefteris Papadimas)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command