HeidelbergCement CEO says aim is to hold on to cash
STUTTGART, Germany, July 31
STUTTGART, Germany, July 31 (Reuters) - HeidelbergCement's Chief Executive Bernd Scheifele said on Tuesday his motto remained to hold on to cash and avoid M&A transactions.
At the end of June, HeidelbergCement had available liquidity of 3.89 billion euros ($4.76 billion), up from 3.72 billion three months earlier.
HeidelbergCement reported its second-quarter operating income before depreciation rose 7 percent to 698 million euros, beating a consensus forecast of 679 million.
($1 = 0.8168 euros) (Reporting by Hendrik Sackmann)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port