Insperity 2nd-qtr profit narrowly beats estimates
* Q2 EPS $0.22 vs est $0.21
* Q2 revenue rose 10 pct
July 31 (Reuters) - Human resources services provider Insperity Inc reported a slightly higher-than-expected quarterly profit, as customers stepped up hiring.
The company, which provides services like payroll and employee insurance, reported net income of $5.6 million, or 22 cents per share for the second quarter, compared with $6.7 million, or 25 cents per share, a year earlier.
The company, which competes with Towers Watson and Co , On Assignment Inc and ManpowerGroup, said revenue rose 10 percent to $519.3 million. The average number of employees using their services per month rose 8.3 percent for the second quarter, the company said.
Analysts on average had expected earnings of 21 cents per share on revenue of $529.9 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company's shares closed at $27.21 on Monday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- U.S. Navy maintains grounding order for F-35 fighter jets
- German suspect was in contact with State Dept not U.S. spies: officials