Lafarge Nigeria unit H1 pretax profit up 19 pct
LAGOS, July 31
LAGOS, July 31 (Reuters) - Lafarge's Nigerian unit, Wapco, said on Tuesday its half-year pretax profit rose 19 percent year-on-year to 12.18 billion naira ($76 million), lifting its shares almost 2 percent.
But turnover at the local unit of the world's largest cement maker fell to 46.34 billion naira during the period, from 62.50 billion naira a year ago, it said in a filing with the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
Wapco shares rose 1.7 percent to 44 naira at 1238 GMT.
($1 = 160.70 naira) (Reporting by Oludare Mayowa; Editing by Mark Potter)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |