Take-Two posts Q1 loss, revenue dives 32 pct
SAN FRANCISCO, July 31
SAN FRANCISCO, July 31 (Reuters) - Take-Two Interactive Software posted a net loss and 32 percent drop in revenue in its fiscal first quarter, due to weak sales of its new title "Max Payne 3."
Take-Two, which publishes the hit "Grand Theft Auto" franchise, said net revenue came to $226.1 million in the quarter ended June 30, compared with $334.4 million a year earlier. That lagged the $254.2 million average estimate of analysts, according to Thomson-Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company reported a net loss of $110.8 million, or $1.30 a share, versus a loss of $8.6 million, or 11 cents a share, a year earlier. ((Malathi.Nayak@thomsonreuters.com)(415-677-2538)(@MalathiNayak )
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe looks overseas, stolen cards offered online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |