Eight killed in clashes near Yemen Interior Ministry
SANAA (Reuters) - Eight people were killed in clashes between Yemeni government forces and armed tribesmen loyal to former leader Ali Abdullah Saleh, who were trying to storm the Interior Ministry in the capital Sanaa on Tuesday, a medical source said.
The source said a "large number" of people were also wounded in the fighting. It was not clear whether those killed were soldiers or tribesmen.
(Reporting by Mohammed Ghobari; Writing by Isabel Coles)
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official