Eight killed in clashes near Yemen Interior Ministry
SANAA (Reuters) - Eight people were killed in clashes between Yemeni government forces and armed tribesmen loyal to former leader Ali Abdullah Saleh, who were trying to storm the Interior Ministry in the capital Sanaa on Tuesday, a medical source said.
The source said a "large number" of people were also wounded in the fighting. It was not clear whether those killed were soldiers or tribesmen.
(Reporting by Mohammed Ghobari; Writing by Isabel Coles)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee