Eight killed in clashes near Yemen Interior Ministry
SANAA (Reuters) - Eight people were killed in clashes between Yemeni government forces and armed tribesmen loyal to former leader Ali Abdullah Saleh, who were trying to storm the Interior Ministry in the capital Sanaa on Tuesday, a medical source said.
The source said a "large number" of people were also wounded in the fighting. It was not clear whether those killed were soldiers or tribesmen.
(Reporting by Mohammed Ghobari; Writing by Isabel Coles)
- Israel knocks out Gaza power plant, digs in for long fight |
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Dozens killed in fierce fighting in eastern Ukraine
- Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola outbreak