Discount retailer Daffy's files for bankruptcy
NEW YORK Aug 1 (Reuters) - Daffy's, the New York area chain specializing in discounted designer labels, filed for bankruptcy protection on Wednesday.
The filing follows its announcement last month that it would liquidate its 19 stores.
The off-price clothing chain's bankruptcy comes after two other discount retailers, Syms Corp and Filene's Basement, filed for bankruptcy late last year.
According to the Chapter 11 filing in New York federal court, Daffy's 30 largest unsecured creditors are owed amounts ranging from $54,000 to $613,000.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 1-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square