Fresenius Medical Care Q2 net rises; keeps outlook
FRANKFURT Aug 1 (Reuters) - Fresenius Medical Care , the dialysis specialist controlled by Fresenius SE , reported its second-quarter net profit jumped 11 percent to $289 million, beating average expectations.
The world's largest operator of clinics and maker of dialysis machines said on Wednesday revenue growth in both North America and International was at a double digit percentage at constant currencies despite a difficult global economic environment.
Revenues rose 9 percent to $3.4 billion during the quarter, FMC said and affirmed its full-year sales and earnings outlook for net income of around $1.3 billion on revenue of around $14 billion.
Analysts in a Reuters poll had expect net income of $277 million and revenues of $4.47 billion. (Reporting by Harro ten Wolde)
- Six killed, including four children, in Houston-area shooting
- Israel presses Gaza offensive, kills eight in air strike: officials |
- Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Ukraine threatens to retake territory from defiant rebels