California judge rules in favor of HP in Itanium server case
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - A California state court judge ruled in favor of Hewlett-Packard and against Oracle Corp in a bitter lawsuit over Oracle's decision to end support for HP's Itanium-based servers.
Santa Clara Superior Court Judge James Kleinberg wrote on Wednesday that a contract exists between HP and Oracle, and that Oracle is required to continue to offer its product suite on HP's Itanium server platform.
Oracle is required to port its products to HP's Itanium-based servers without charge to HP, the judge ruled.
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Fast-food workers to launch intensified protests across U.S.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Asian stocks slip, euro hits one-year low on ECB uncertainty
- Fiji says Syrian rebels want compensation, removal from terror list