NRG shuts Limestone 1 coal unit for work
Aug 1 (Reuters) - NRG Energy Inc shut its 831-megawatt Unit 1 at the Limestone coal-fired power plant in Texas on Tuesday to fix a water wall tube leak, a filing with state regulators showed.
The shutdown will last until Aug. 4, the filing with the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality said.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling