Ansys 2nd-qtr results top estimates
Aug 2 (Reuters) - Ansys Inc's second-quarter results beat Wall Street estimates due to strong demand for its engineered simulation software.
Ansys' profit rose to $50.3 million, or 53 cents per share, from $45.4 million, or 48 cents per share, last year. Excluding items, it earned 72 cents per share.
Revenue rose 20 percent to $195 million.
Analysts were expecting earnings of 66 cents per share, on revenue of $193.3 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company however cut its revenue outlook for the year, but maintained its adjusted profit forecast.
It expects full year revenue of $801 million to $824 million, compared with its previous view of $806.6 million to $826.6 million.
Its kept its adjusted profit view of $2.78 per share to $2.87 per share.
Shares of the Canonsburg, Pennsylvania-based company closed at $59.92 Wednesday on the Nasdaq.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image