Gildan profit falls on lower selling prices for printwear
Aug 2 (Reuters) - Clothing maker Gildan Activewear Inc reported a 11 percent decline in third-quarter profit, as lower selling prices for printwear hurt the company's margins.
Net income for the quarter ended July 1 fell to $78.6 million, or 64 cents per share, from $88.1 million, or 72 cents per share, a year earlier.
Net sales rose 13 percent to $600.2 million.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials
- Man charged with killing NFL player Peterson's son released on bond: report