Gildan profit falls on lower selling prices for printwear
Aug 2 (Reuters) - Clothing maker Gildan Activewear Inc reported a 11 percent decline in third-quarter profit, as lower selling prices for printwear hurt the company's margins.
Net income for the quarter ended July 1 fell to $78.6 million, or 64 cents per share, from $88.1 million, or 72 cents per share, a year earlier.
Net sales rose 13 percent to $600.2 million.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills 2, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |