TEXT-S&P says Limited Brands rtgs unaffected by special dividend
Aug 2 - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said today that Columbus, Ohio-based Limited Brands Inc.'s announced $1 per share special dividend will have no immediate effect on our ratings on the company, including the 'BB+' corporate credit rating, or outlook. We estimate that the special dividend will total about $291 million.
In our view, the company will continue to take shareholder-friendly actions in the future, including share repurchases and special dividends. This is already factored into our assessment of Limited Brands' financial risk profile. We believe that these actions could be meaningfully larger than historical amounts and will depend on company performance. We expect the company's operations to improve further over the next 12 months, which should benefit credit protection metrics.
The stable outlook on Limited Brands reflects our view that the company's financial policies will remain aggressive, but that it will manage its shareholder activities with leverage at about 3x over the next 12 months. The outlook also incorporates our view that its strong merchandising and marketing efforts will translate to moderate performance gains over the next year.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |