- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Massachusetts police search NFL player's home in homicide probe: report
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Shares edge up, dollar steady as markets await Fed
Russia will not support U.N. General Assembly Syria resolution
MOSCOW Aug 2 (Reuters) - Russia said on Thursday it would not back a Saudi-drafted resolution on Syria at the U.N. General Assembly, saying it was unbalanced and would not help end the violence in the Middle East nation.
In a statement, the Russian Foreign Ministry said the draft placed "full responsibility for what is happening in the country ... solely on the Syrian authorities" and made no demands on the opposition.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this