- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
Boxing: Turkmenistan referee expelled from London Games
LONDON (Reuters) - Referee Ishanguly Meretnyyazov from Turkmenistan has been expelled from the London Olympics the International Boxing Association (AIBA) said on Thursday.
Meretnyyazov failed to stop a men's bantamweight bout on Wednesday despite one fighter being knocked down six times in the final round. He was expelled with immediate effect and AIBA said he was on his way home.
(Reporting by Padraic Halpin; Editing by Alison Wildey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this