Yemen tribesmen release Italian embassy worker -official
SANAA Aug 2 (Reuters) - An Italian embassy security officer who was kidnapped in Yemen on Sunday by tribesmen has been released and is in good health, a Yemeni government official said on Thursday.
The Italian officer was being detained in the oil-producing province of Maarib.
"The Italian diplomat was handed over to the governor of Maarib and he is in good health and will be transferred to Sanaa later to be handed over to the Italian ambassador," the official told Reuters.
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Ukraine reports new arrivals of Russian supplies for eastern rebels |
- Gunshots echo as violence returns to Ferguson, protests across U.S.
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video